me

Sarah Nelson, YOUR Stampin' Up! Demonstrator * 2517 E. Indigo Brush Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85048 * 480-704-9663 * matthewsfarm@aol.com

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gift Books

Well, my classes being done for the time being and having some rare free time on my hands before we went to a late night showing of "Twilight" last night (sigh....Edward!), I decided to do something I hardly ever get to do any more - create something for ME! Always having Stampin' Up! on my mind, of course, I did make it out of materials that are all currently available (g). A while back I got a bunch of composition books on clearance at Target for 12 cents apiece, and I grabbed one of those and some of our Ski Slope Designer Patterned Paper, those darling Felt Flurries, and made myself a gift book to keep track of what I'm purchasing and making for everyone for Christmas. These are amazingly inexpensive and wildly versatile - you could make one for just about anyone! Imagine cute baby paper on a "Waiting for You, Baby" journal, or a weight loss journal; one for gardening, crafting, knitting, recipes...well, you get the idea. Most compostition books are less than a dollar and you can always stock up when school starts for less than that. The awl from your Tool Kit can pierce the cover, so brads are no problem, and you can use the anywhere punch to add eyelets - or the Crop-a-dile, if you keep them near the edge. Unless, of course, you have one of those nifty new ones that goes anywhere on the page!!!

No comments: